Paperport / .max viewer for OS X
Brad
2006-03-04 19:51:28 UTC
Hi folks. Sorry to bother with this fairly obscure question, but I
need your help.

I have a bunch of .max files that are scans from a Visioneer scanner
back when I used to use Windows. These files are probably five years
old, but some of them are very important.

I need a software application that can view the .max files in OS X.
That way, I could save them as PDFs.

I know that there is a Paperport viewer for OS Classic. I have that.
But I can't seem to use that application in Classic to save as PDFs.

Basically, I need to convert these files to something that can be read
on OS X.

I'm digging pretty deep here, I know. But if anybody has some insight
or advice, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for all your help. Brad.
William F. Adams
2006-03-04 22:41:00 UTC
Install a Postscript printer driver in Classic

Print to a .ps file

If you have Panther or later double-click on the file to have it
converted to a .pdf and opened in Preview.app

William
Brad
2006-03-04 23:05:11 UTC
forgive me, Sir. how do I install a postscript driver in Classic? I
really appreciate your help. Brad.
Tim Murray
2006-03-05 05:13:41 UTC
Post by Brad
forgive me, Sir. how do I install a postscript driver in Classic? I
really appreciate your help. Brad.
It probably already has Apple LaserWriter. Or you can download the AdobePS
driver from adobe.com.
Brad
2006-03-05 07:03:33 UTC
you guys are genius. it worked. i can import the files to Classic,
then use the Print function to save as a postscript file, and
then....ah yes...from there, convert to PDF in OS X.

genius.

many thanks gents.
Snit
2006-03-05 07:19:26 UTC
Post by Brad
you guys are genius. it worked. i can import the files to Classic,
then use the Print function to save as a postscript file, and
then....ah yes...from there, convert to PDF in OS X.
genius.
many thanks gents.
Why not just print to PDF from Classic?

<http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/pdf.html>

Seems that would save you a step.
--
* The tilde in an OS X path does *not* mean "the hard drive only"
* OS X is partially based on BSD (esp. FreeBSD)

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Tim Murray
2006-03-05 20:47:07 UTC
The "why not just" sounds like you assume the OP was aware of it.
Snit
2006-03-05 21:09:22 UTC
Post by Tim Murray
Post by Snit
Why not just print to PDF from Classic?
<http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/pdf.html>
Seems that would save you a step.
The "why not just" sounds like you assume the OP was aware of it.
Sorry if my wording was poor. I did provide the source for doing so.
--
* The tilde in an OS X path does *not* mean "the hard drive only"
* OS X is partially based on BSD (esp. FreeBSD)
* Incest is so different from sex as to not be considered synonymous
by anyone other than perverts
* One can be guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted
* As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
* Non-powered USB hubs can be used with powered devices