Its All About The Oilll!
Mayor of R'lyeh
2004-01-14 02:54:29 UTC
Liberals have finally lost it. This is the stupidest thing I've ever
read. Even by Salon's usually appalling low standards for 'journalism'
this piece stands out.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/01/12/mars/index.html

Cuss and discuss.
--
I got a sweater for Christmas last year. I wanted
a screamer or a moaner, but I got a sweater.

-Steven Wright
Rick
2004-01-14 05:06:56 UTC
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
Liberals have finally lost it. This is the stupidest thing I've ever
read. Even by Salon's usually appalling low standards for 'journalism'
this piece stands out.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/01/12/mars/index.html
Cuss
OK... you're an asshole.
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
and discuss.
Why? What does it have to do with Macs?
Rick
Nashton
2004-01-14 13:18:22 UTC
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
and discuss.
Why? What does it have to do with Macs?
You seem to have issues with the faux Mayor. Take it to email please,
nobody's interested.

Nicolas
Rick
2004-01-14 22:55:16 UTC
Post by Nashton
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
and discuss.
Why? What does it have to do with Macs?
You seem to have issues with the faux Mayor. Take it to email please,
nobody's interested.
No.
Post by Nashton
Nicolas
Get a sig delimiter.
Rick
Mayor of R'lyeh
2004-01-14 16:25:49 UTC
Post by Rick
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
Liberals have finally lost it. This is the stupidest thing I've ever
read. Even by Salon's usually appalling low standards for 'journalism'
this piece stands out.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/01/12/mars/index.html
Cuss
OK... you're an asshole.
If I really were an asshole you'd be trying to stick your willy in me,
ya sicko.
Post by Rick
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
and discuss.
Why? What does it have to do with Macs?
About the same as 90% of the postings in this group.

-Steven Wright
ZnU
2004-01-14 06:17:06 UTC
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
Liberals have finally lost it. This is the stupidest thing I've ever
read. Even by Salon's usually appalling low standards for 'journalism'
this piece stands out.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/01/12/mars/index.html
Cuss and discuss.
Uh, all this article says is that certain corporations with ties to the
Bush administration stand to benefit from a Mars mission, because
they've got technologies which could be useful for such a mission.

I don't understand why you'd think there's anything particularly nuts
about pointing this out. I mean, unless you think they're talking about
drilling for oil on Mars, which they're obviously not.
--
"Our country puts $1 billion a year up to help feed the hungry. And we're by far
the most generous nation in the world when it comes to that, and I'm proud to
-- George W. Bush in Washington, D.C., July 16, 2003
Mayor of R'lyeh
2004-01-14 16:36:18 UTC
Post by ZnU
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
Liberals have finally lost it. This is the stupidest thing I've ever
read. Even by Salon's usually appalling low standards for 'journalism'
this piece stands out.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/01/12/mars/index.html
Cuss and discuss.
Uh, all this article says is that certain corporations with ties to the
Bush administration stand to benefit from a Mars mission, because
they've got technologies which could be useful for such a mission.
Yep. That's the first thing everybody thinks of whn they think of
'Mars Mission' - oil drilling derricks,
Post by ZnU
I don't understand why you'd think there's anything particularly nuts
about pointing this out. I mean, unless you think they're talking about
drilling for oil on Mars, which they're obviously not.
He obviously is. The first part of his article is carping about the
already debunked 'scandals' involving Haliburton in Iraq.
Then he launches directly into his thinly veiled insinuation that
Bush's space proposal is just a ruse to get Haliburton up on the moon
and Mars drilling for oil.
This liberal moron (But I repeat myself!) actually thinks that there's
a 'vast rightwing conspiracy' to get Bush's friends a leg up on the
Great Outer Space Oil Race. What an idiot!
But then again as we've seen all during this administratrion when
liberals can't think of anything intelligent to say (As if they ever
have.) they start screaming 'Its all about the oillll!'

-Steven Wright
ZnU
2004-01-14 20:13:19 UTC
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
Post by ZnU
I don't understand why you'd think there's anything particularly nuts
about pointing this out. I mean, unless you think they're talking about
drilling for oil on Mars, which they're obviously not.
He obviously is. The first part of his article is carping about the
already debunked 'scandals' involving Haliburton in Iraq.
Then he launches directly into his thinly veiled insinuation that
Bush's space proposal is just a ruse to get Haliburton up on the moon
and Mars drilling for oil.
This liberal moron (But I repeat myself!) actually thinks that there's
a 'vast rightwing conspiracy' to get Bush's friends a leg up on the
Great Outer Space Oil Race. What an idiot!
But then again as we've seen all during this administratrion when
liberals can't think of anything intelligent to say (As if they ever
have.) they start screaming 'Its all about the oillll!'
You want so much to believe that this guy is an idiot that you're making
yourself look exceedingly silly. They want to drill for scientific
purposes, or perhaps to find water. According to the Space.com article,
they're interested in using laser drilling technology rather than
traditional mechanical drilling because it has the potential to be more
reliable and maintenance-free, which is important if the nearest machine
shop is 100 million miles away.

Nobody thinks there's oil on Mars. And even if there were, what would
you do with it? You couldn't burn it locally, unless you provided your
own oxidizer (Mars atmosphere won't work), and if you shipped it back to
Earth, well, burning diamonds would probably be a more economical energy
source.
-- George W. Bush in Washington, D.C., July 16, 2003
Peter Hayes
2004-01-14 12:19:53 UTC
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
Liberals have finally lost it. This is the stupidest thing I've ever
read. Even by Salon's usually appalling low standards for 'journalism'
this piece stands out.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/01/12/mars/index.html
Why are you getting all worked up over another one of Bush's scams being
exposed?

Isn't it good for a free society that these people are found out? Oh
sorry, I forgot, freedom in the US and increasingly in the UK is
available only to those peddling the party line.
Peter
Mayor of R'lyeh
2004-01-14 16:38:17 UTC
Post by Peter Hayes
Post by Mayor of R'lyeh
Liberals have finally lost it. This is the stupidest thing I've ever
read. Even by Salon's usually appalling low standards for 'journalism'
this piece stands out.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/01/12/mars/index.html
Why are you getting all worked up over another one of Bush's scams being
exposed?
Isn't it good for a free society that these people are found out? Oh
sorry, I forgot, freedom in the US and increasingly in the UK is
available only to those peddling the party line.
Perhaps someone who agrees with another moron that companies are
wanting to drill on the moon and Mars for oil isn't exactly up to
snuff when it comes to detecting these kinds of 'scandals'.