People must dread Spring in Sweden...
Edwin
2010-02-18 20:40:02 UTC
... when the snow starts to melt and the bodies of all the drunken idiots
who froze staggering home start appearing...

... some still in their stuck cars clutching iPhones...
Sandman
2010-02-19 09:59:06 UTC
Post by Edwin
... when the snow starts to melt and the bodies of all the drunken idiots
who froze staggering home start appearing...
Nah, it's a festive events when we push them into the river :)
Post by Edwin
... some still in their stuck cars clutching iPhones...
Hey, free phones!
Sandman[.net]
Chance Furlong
2010-02-19 10:55:07 UTC
How do the Swedes celebrate Midsommers Dag?
C Lund
2010-02-19 11:29:28 UTC
Post by Chance Furlong
Post by Sandman
Nah, it's a festive events when we push them into the river :)
Hey, free phones!
How do the Swedes celebrate Midsommers Dag?
Forget about the Swedes. All they do is prance around a symbolic
boner. ;)

This is how Norwegians celebrate summer solstice:

C Lund
Sandman
2010-02-19 11:40:54 UTC
In article
<christopher.lund-***@adsl-065-015-208-084.sip.ilm.b
ellsouth.net>,
Post by C Lund
Post by Chance Furlong
Post by Sandman
Nah, it's a festive events when we push them into the river :)
Hey, free phones!
How do the Swedes celebrate Midsommers Dag?
Forget about the Swedes. All they do is prance around a symbolic
boner. ;)
http://youtu.be/hJaStwHxowI
http://youtu.be/rvbw8IONItE
Pffft, that's nothing. Here in Sweden we set fire to public areas for
christmas:

Gavlebocken is burnt to the ground pretty much every year. The
authorities try to prevent this, but obviously they can't. :P
Sandman[.net]
C Lund
2010-02-19 22:25:03 UTC
Post by Sandman
In article
ellsouth.net>,
Post by C Lund
http://youtu.be/-SmSCOkGyAI
Gavlebocken is burnt to the ground pretty much every year. The
authorities try to prevent this, but obviously they can't. :P
Pff yourself, söta bror. We don't set fire to giant straw goats; we
set fire to churches. Beat that.. ;)
C Lund
Fa-groon
2010-02-19 17:43:53 UTC
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 03:29:28 -0800, C Lund wrote
(in article
Post by C Lund
Post by Chance Furlong
Post by Sandman
Nah, it's a festive events when we push them into the river :)
Hey, free phones!
How do the Swedes celebrate Midsommers Dag?
Forget about the Swedes. All they do is prance around a symbolic
boner. ;)
http://youtu.be/hJaStwHxowI
http://youtu.be/rvbw8IONItE
Ten thousand Swedes ran through the weeds chased by one Norwegian!

Or, In dialect:

Ten t'ousan Sveeds run trew de veeds chased by vun Nar-vay-gan, Yah, shure,
you betcha!
C Lund
2010-02-19 22:25:56 UTC
Post by Fa-groon
Ten thousand Swedes ran through the weeds chased by one Norwegian!
That's how Norway got it's independence. ;)
C Lund
Fa-groon
2010-02-20 05:23:41 UTC
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:25:56 -0800, C Lund wrote
(in article
OK.....
Joey jOJo Junior Shabadoo
2010-02-20 18:08:15 UTC
you forgot ro add "yumpin' yiminy"! and "Bork bork bork!" :)
Fa-groon
2010-02-20 21:27:35 UTC
Post by Joey jOJo Junior Shabadoo
Post by Fa-groon
Ten thousand Swedes ran through the weeds chased by one Norwegian!
Ten t'ousan Sveeds run trew de veeds chased by vun Nar-vay-gan, Yah, shure,
you betcha!
you forgot ro add "yumpin' yiminy"! and "Bork bork bork!" :)
Yes, alas, I did forget both of those ethnicnically stereotypical phrases.
I'll try to do better in the future. 8^)
Joey jOJo Junior Shabadoo